Subject: Re: [Leica] Stolen Leicas--how do you prevent that from happening?
From: "Sal DiMarco,Jr." <sdmp007@pressroom.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2001 09:00:19 -0400

Luggers,
    Let's face facts, all these tricks to prevent our gear from being
stolen, do is make us feel better. If a professional thief wants your stuff,
he/she/it is going to get it.
    Using a moturary label on your camera case sounds like fun.
    Using the bio-hazard label is simply foolish. Any half decent lawyer
could make a case, falsely using a bio-hazard label is like yelling "fire"
in a crowded room.
    To Ken Lassiter,
    Someone else gave you good advice, to push your insurance company, your
claim should have been settled long ago. Their questioning of the value of
your Leicas, sounds like an underwriter trying to protect the company.
    Also, in the future, it might be a good idea to get a separate policy
for your cameras. As a professional photographer, I can not list my
equipment on my homeowners policy.
     I wanted replacement cost up to the list values. Unfortunately, I have
to pay over $ 1,800.-- a year for it.
Good Luck,
Sal DiMarco, Jr.
Philadelphia, PA

PS- Ken, if you see Arnold say hello for me.....

Replies: Reply from Brian Reid <reid@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us> (Re: [Leica] Stolen Leicas--how do you prevent that from happening?)
Reply from Dan Cardish <dcardish@sympatico.ca> (Re: [Leica] Stolen Leicas--how do you prevent that from happening?)
Reply from "Mxsmanic" <mxsmanic@hotmail.com> (Re: [Leica] Stolen Leicas--how do you prevent that from happening?)