Subject: [Leica] 135mm f2.8 'eyes' adjustment
From: leica@davidmorton.org
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2001 01:19:39 +0100

I have here a borrowed 135mm f2.8 with the 'eyes'. The problem is that when
you fit it to an M body with good vertical v/f alignment, the two images are
out vertically.

This happens on all of my M bodies, even though those bodies have perfect
vertical v/f alignment, so the problem is clearly in the 'eyes' of the 135.

There are six screws on the back of the rectangular side, and three on the
round side. Does anyone know if any of these are adjusting screws, and if
not which of them let you gain access to the adjustment that must be hidden
inside?

- --
David Morton
dmorton@journalist.co.uk

"The more opinions you have, the less you see." -- Wim Wenders.

Replies: Reply from "Ted Grant" <tedgrant@home.com> (Re: [Leica] 135mm f2.8 'eyes' adjustment)