Subject: Re: [Leica] how much can you fit in a Domke 803
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Sun, 02 Sep 2001 10:47:18 +0200

Hi Julian,

I think that an R8 outfit in a Domke 803 will be too tight. My 803 normally
holds two M6s with 35mm and 50mm lenses mounted, plus a 90mm and 24mm lens
coupled together, plus occasionally the 135mm lens and an M3 body in one of the
front pockets. The other front pocket holds a few rolls of film. But it is
tight.

For my R8/SL2 system I usually use the bigger Domke 805 bag. The R lenses are
always larger than the equivalent M lenses, and I cannot imagine putting more
than a lensless R8 body and two lenses into an 803.

Nathan

Julian Koplen wrote:

> Duane (or anyone),
>
> I don't have the opportunity to try an 803 before buying.  Thinking in terms
> of only an R8 outfit, is it adequate?  I like to roam with 24, 35 OR 50, 90
> OR135, 180.  I can use lens couplers for the smaller ones. Once at
> destination, I will use any opportunity to lighten my load, depending on
> needs.  Of course, I will also like to carry four or more rolls of film, a
> blower, the usual "little stuff".
>
> Thanks in advance............Julian

- --
Nathan Wajsman