Subject: Re: [Leica] Best film scanner for use w/Leica optics?
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 15:06:15 -0400

At 11:23 AM 8/31/01 -0700, you wrote:
>  I wouldn't get Nikon
> > because of software issues -- some users have no trouble and
> > others trash their computers (having had an early Coolpix camera I
> > recall Nikon's ineptitude with software). Nor would I get a Polaroid
> > for fear the company will go out of business (support? hello?).
>
>I think this is a bit hard on Nikon. On the Mac side I've been using their
>scanning software, actually learning how to make it work, and find it seems
>to work pretty well. I may try an alternate package one of these times to
>see how it works.

I actually prefer the Nikon software to either Silverfast or Vuescan.  I've
had no problems with crashes.  The LS-4000 does a great job with Leica
negatives and transparencies.  I have the bulk loader to do 40 slides at a
time and the roll feeder to do a whole uncut roll.  The ICE, grain
resolving, and color restoring software features all work as advertised.

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
http://www.tinamanley.com

Replies: Reply from "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net> (Re: [Leica] Best film scanner for use w/Leica optics?)