Subject: [Leica] Leica IIIc opportunity - need advice
From: "Oliver Bryk" <oliverbryk@home.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 15:27:50 -0700

I have been offered a Leitz Wetzlar Leica, S/N 4960xx. According to
Sartorius's book, "Identifying Leicas", this would be a IIIc. I cannot tell
whether prewar or postwar. It appears to be in very good condition. There
are two (2) Summaron 3.5 lenses, one quite worn, the other cosmetically
perfect. I am not in a position to make a technical or optical evaluation of
the camera or the lenses.
Also available are an apparently complete boxed "Hilfsgeraet" (copy stand?)
set; a Visoflex bellows, reflex housing, and double cable release; a
35mm-135mm accessory viewer; a black exposure meter for an older "M"; and a
folding sunshade for an older 50mm lens.
The owner is a person with whom I have a continuing business relationship. I
wonder what would be a fair price to offer for the IIIc camera? The
accessory viewer? The Visoflex stuff? I'm not interested in the copy stand
etc.
If you believe that it would be more appropriate to communicate off LUG,
please do so at oliverbryk@home.com
Thanks for any helpful suggestions (that excludes Shutterbug and Ebay)
Oliver Bryk