Subject: Re: [Leica] OT - Large Format UK
From: Johnny Deadman <john@pinkheadedbug.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 08:08:07 -0400

on 8/28/01 3:20 AM, Gwpics@aol.com at Gwpics@aol.com wrote:

> We were met with poor rooms (permanent damp patch on floor, windows so rotted
> we were afraid to open them, bath too dangerously positioned for my wife to
> use), high prices and surly service where ever we went. It is no wonder
> tourists stay away. The weekend was expensive and very disappointing, and we
> stayed in a very quiet area. I dread to think what it is like in the true
> tourist spots.

hey

you were lucky

there are still good things about England but you have to look harder and
harder

- -- humour
- -- non-theme pubs
- -- countryside
- -- broadsheet newspapers
- -- BBC radio 4
- -- sharpness of wits

unfortunately the list of bad things is so long it makes your heart sink. I
used to mentally enumerate them under a heading "Why I'm leaving England".

- --
John Brownlow

http://www.pinkheadedbug.com

ICQ: 109343205