Subject: Re: [Leica] SonC's PAW 34
From: "Sonny Carter" <sonc@sonc.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 18:21:09 -0500

Thanks, Jay.  I do appreciate the comment.  The wide angle
scenic once was a specialty of mine.  I was a production
photographer for WWL-TV in New Orleans, and we did our
station breaks with pretty scenic slides.

Yes, I do like to see the stuff hit print, especially when
it has a nice result like this brochure.  I'm told the folks
at Louisiana Endowment for the Humanities liked the booklet
very much, and we may be doing some more.  Thanks again for
you encouragement.

Regards,

Sonny

From: "Jay Burleson"
> Sonny, the St. Andrews shot is magnificent. Great
composition. One of the
> best I've seen you post.
> The Rockford also is a great use of light.
> I look at most everything folks post, but rarely respond.
I had to, though,
> when I saw yours.
> Good job. And isn't it great to see your stuff printed in
something?

> Jay Burleson
> "Second star to the right, and straight on 'til morning!"
J. M. Barrie
> UPDATED 5-30-01: http://www.jayburleson.com/

Of SonC (Sonny
> Carter)
> Sent: Monday, August 27, 2001 09:33 AM
> To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
> Subject: [Leica] SonC's PAW 34
>
> The Cane River National Heritage Area along with the
Louisiana
> Endowment for the Humanities just published an unusual
directory of
> Historic Black Churches.  I was fortunate to be named the
photographer
> for the project, and the Brochure has just been published.
>
> You have seen my Rockford Church shot
> http://www.sonc.com/rockford.htm   which is the cover of
the brochure,
> now I am able to share a couple of other shots from the
publication.
> Normally, I try to put people in my shots, but the effort
here was a
> directory that would not "age," so I attempted to get the
flavor of
> these mostly rural churches.  The first is out on Cat
Island in the
> largely French (not Cajun) area of Isle Breville in
Natchitoches
> Parish (we do not call them counties.)
> http://www.sonc.com/paw/standrew.htm
> The alternate is shot across the Red River from
Natchitoches in a

http://www.sonc.com/paw