Subject: RE: [Leica] Photoshop and Leica
From: "Rodgers, David" <david.rodgers@xo.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 15:13:29 -0500

Mxmanic

>>but the tendency for newbies to Photoshop is to go hog-wild
and apply ever filter and tool in the program, transforming nice photos into
wild abstract junk that has a distinctly high-school look to it (because the
major offenders in this domain tend to be high-school boys).<<

We must hang out in different crowds. Most people I know just starting out
in Photoshop tend to be very conservative. They use Photoshop in a very
limited way, adjusting colors and levels mostly; and even then using auto
adjust. Many start out with the LE version. They don't apply filters. Most
of the tools are foreign. They primarily want to view images.

BTW, I assisted with a High School newspaper group. Most of the kids, again,
were pretty conservative in their use of Photoshop, Quark and Pagemaker.
Granted, a few jump out of the box. Those tend to be the real creative
types. I find it's much easier to reign in creativity than to foster it. I
spent a few years in advertising where we were always pushing the edge of
then envelope. Exploring what's out there isn't neccessarily a bad thing.

Dave

Replies: Reply from "Mxsmanic" <mxsmanic@hotmail.com> (Re: [Leica] Photoshop and Leica)