Subject: Re: [Leica] John Bardeen, was Re: OT Richard Feynman
From: Brian Reid <reid@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 07:24:44 -0700

I knew both Bardeen and Feynman. I took a class from Feynman in 1968, and I knew Bardeen when he was at U of Illinois in that same time period. Trying to decide which of them is smarter is like trying to decide between Canon and Nikon. Let's not go there. Feynman was a better drummer.

I also knew Linus Pauling, who won two unshared Nobel prizes, and after one day around him you realize that, if your goal is changing the world, intelligence isn't everything.

Replies: Reply from Jeff Moore <jbm@oven.com> ([Leica] Re: John Bardeen, was Re: OT Richard Feynman)