Subject: Re: [Leica] [OT] Photoshop 5 LE
From: ray tai <razerx@netvigator.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 08:58:07 +0800

This is so true. On a practical level the value of software not unlike
the value of a new digital camera, computer or PDA, can only be measured
by how often the consumer or professional will use that piece of tool
until it becomes obsolete.  The value of software is especially
difficult for this generation to grasp since it is intangible and
outside how we traditionally view "value".  For example people know is
wrong to steal a candy bar or a car but have no trouble buying pirated
software or burning a copy of Photoshop 6 for a friend.  So is $600
worth it for the latest piece of software?  It is a steal if you are a
pro who will use it everyday to generate your income or an amateur who
is replacing that $600 wet darkroom.

Ray