Subject: [Leica] re: wife macro R4 etc...
From: Kyle Cassidy <cassidy@netaxs.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 00:19:52 -0400

jonathan lee sez:

>My wife is expressing a budding interest in photography (bless her for
>that!).  She doesn't like my M6 and also wants to do some macro/flower
>stuff. Now, that I've dumped all my Nikon stuff, I've no SLR for her.
>I've noticed that the R4 is very cheap relative to the other Leica SLRs.

you fool, get your nikon gear back, it's a heck of a lot cheaper. buy an
f3 and a 55 micro nikkor for $200 and be done with it. in two weeks she
may not want to take pictures anymore and you'd be stuck with an R4 and
some expensive glass.

we love our leicas, yet we must remain sensible.

kc

Replies: Reply from "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net> (Re: [Leica] re: wife macro R4 etc...)
Reply from Jim Brick <jim_brick@agilent.com> ([Leica] Re: re: wife macro R4 etc...)
Reply from "Michael Gardner" <mlgardner99@earthlink.net> (Re: [Leica] re: wife macro R4 etc...)