Subject: Re: [Leica] Photography in Saudi Arabia
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 18:24:26 -0400

At 03:02 PM 8/20/01 -0700, you wrote:

>Don't believe the propoganda that the US State Dept puts out about the
>Middle East and Muslim countries in general.  I have been to the ME twice
>now, and find it a delightful place to travel.  Never once have I felt
>threatened.  Just try to respect the local culture and be friendly with
>people.  Iran is the best of all...hands-down the friendliest people I have
>ever met in the world.
>
>Best Regards,
>--Jim Laurel

Having lived in Iran for two years, I agree with everything you say,
Jim.   I can't wait to go back.  I do think Saudia Arabia is more strict
than Iran, at least in regard to photographing women.  Be very careful
about photographing women unless you are ready for a confrontation.

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
http://www.tinamanley.com

Replies: Reply from "Mxsmanic" <mxsmanic@hotmail.com> (Re: [Leica] Photography in Saudi Arabia)