Subject: RE: [Leica] How good/bad/terrible is the R4?
From: "George Day" <george@rdcinteractive.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 10:07:52 -0700

Perhaps a relatively inexpensive body, but terribly expensive lenses.

A great system for a beginner who might want to take high-quality (albeit
35mm) macro images would be a Contax Aria ($400 or so in ex condition) with
a Zeiss 60/2.8 Macro lens (a bit more than that, but a simply stunning and
versatile optic).  If you shop smart, you'll come in at under a grand.