Subject: Re: [Leica] Canadian 35mm Summilux
From: John Collier <jbcollier@powersurfr.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 07:43:41 -0600

Body dates from 1996 (source: http://www.cameraquest.com/mtype.htm) and the
lens from 1966 (source: Satorious). I am not sure what the blobs are but
send it out for a good cleaning and see what they say. All the 35/1.4 lenses
up until the latest Asph versions were made in Canada (except perhaps the
last few were branded Germany but still made largely in Canada). The
performance of the lens is similar to the pre-asph 35/2 4th version but at
f1.4 it is very soft and subject to a great deal of flare. The asph versions
are light-years better wide open. The price sounds good to me but check the
usual UK web-sites for a price comparison.

John Collier