Subject: Re: [Leica] OT: Rolleiflex 3003 information
From: Akhil Lal <alal@duke.poly.edu>
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2001 14:37:40 -0400 (EDT)

I used "rumour"  because I did not have the actual references to hand.

Regarding the 3003, Javier included this body quite explicitly in his
remarks. These were based on a phone conversation I had with him 2 minutes
before posting my message to the LUG. He does have experience with it -all
unpleasant- not sure if he owms one or two.

By the way, on what basis do you asume that Javier was talking about the
SL 2000 only ? How on earth could you possibly know what he said to
me in a private phone conversation ?

I have heard from more than one owner about problems with the 3001/3003.
In fact, back in the '80's I almost bought a 3003 system after reading a
test report in the AP, only to be put off by reports of problems.

It may well be that the 3003 bugs have been ironed out by now, but it
would be irresponsible not to forewarn the prospective buyer of a used
3003 of these issues. FWIW, I agree with Pablo: if you want Zeiss glass,
get a Contax RTS system. Unless, of course, the 3003 is dirt cheap and a
35/1.4 is thrown in...

Regards,
Akhil