Subject: Re: [Leica] London prices, now Canadian prices
From: John Collier <jbcollier@powersurfr.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2001 08:03:30 -0600

I agree with you about Leica camera pricing but differ about the reason. As
we have roughly one tenth of the population spread out over a larger area*,
we just do not have a large enough market to create the kind of competitive
pricing that the US sometimes has. However, Leica accessories and parts are
much cheaper in Canada. I typically pay the same numerical price as the US
but in Canadian dollars! On a number of items even less! Why this is I
cannot say.

John Collier

*Concentrated in the south I will admit.

Replies: Reply from Vick Ko <vick.ko@sympatico.ca> (Re: [Leica] London prices, now Canadian prices)