Subject: [Leica] Fri. WTB: IIIf RD
From: "Howard Sanner" <flagstad@mindspring.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2001 00:06:47 +0000

   I'd like to acquire a IIIf RD, no ST. I've heard them extolled
highly, and I've had a couple of them, each billed as working and
ready to go, each suffering either from inaccurate, dim
rangefinders, shutter problems, or both.

   I actually *like* screwmount Leicas and I use them.

   Thus I want a IIIf RD (one that started life as such, not a
conversion) that WORKS. That means:

1. Accurate, contrasty rangefinder. OKARO should not be required.
2. No shutter problems:
      --working and accurate at all speeds; no stickyness
      --good curtains with no holes, wrinkles, etc.

Cosmetically, the main requirements are:

1. No missing pieces (e.g., shutter release collar, takeup spool)
2. All vulcanite present and in good shape

   I don't want a collectible that's too nice to use. If you have
something that might fill the bill, please email me privately at
flagstad@mindspring.com with S/N, condition, and price.

   Thanks.

						Howard Sanner
						flagstad@mindspring.com