Subject: RE: [Leica] Photoshop edit darker than it looks
From: Henry Ambrose <henryambrose@home.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 16:53:29 -0500

>I think PS 5 LE is using either a default gamma, or a default color
>space (perhaps its own Adobe RGB 1998) that you can't change.
I think you are near right here.
I believe that LE uses sRGB as its only color space.
Limited Edition in this case is not the same as Limited Edition art. ; >)
Its less, not more.
>What really ticks me off is that I have to deal with this stuff for even
>for B&W (though I understand why this is).  Photoshop's tools are nice,
>but not if what I see is not what I get.
You have to buy the full version to get full functionality. Its not
Photoshop or Adobe's fault. It - IS - a problem with any software that
does not offer color management.
>I repeat--does *anyone* know how to make Photoshop 5 Limited Edition
>display things the way they will appear in non-color-managed software?
>Surely I'm not the first person in the world who has this problem.
>--Peter
There is no way to do this since you can't control how they look in
non-color managed software. It'll look different in each product. Thats
one of the Wonders Of The Web! You have only a general idea what it will
look like on other folks computers. End of story for now - maybe in the
future we'll have better color management. So tweak your web images by
previewing them in your browser and adjustiong as needed and HOPE they
look OK on other machines.

Henry Ambrose