Subject: [Leica] OT: sorta -Giving Away Ice in Alaska
From: Ernest Nitka <enitka@twcny.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 18:17:40 -0400

The original expression is "Trying to sell Ice to Eskimos" but I don't
want to offend any native aboriginal folks.  Anyway I've been trying to
sell my R8 and associated lenses and it literally has been like selling
ice to Eskimos. No bites except those that offer to rape me
financially.  None of 5 major dealers were interested, nada, not even to
the point of talking price- just weren't interested.

My point in this email is not to use Wed. LUG to sell something 2 days
early but to simply let people know that the R8s must not be selling
well and the more mundane lenses are the same.  Is this everybody's
experience?  Now I know that no one ever guaranteed that these things
sell themselves but i am just ventilating about how soft the market must
be at this time.

any thoughts, comments

ernie nitka