Subject: RE: [Leica] My Noct has finally returned!
From: "Nguyen, Olivier T [AMSTA-AR-CCF]" <onguyen@pica.army.mil>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 09:52:30 -0400

I read your post on Leica User group and I see that you have experience with
Voigtlander lens such as 50mm f1.5 and cosina 25mm f4.0.  Do you have any
advice on those lens for me?  I really want to buy wide angle lens but leica
lens are so out of my budget.  how is the resolution of the picture and
color saturation compare to leica lens?  I normally do print at 8x10 size
but i also go higher like 11x14 and 16x20.  do you have experience with
those size of print with Voigtlander lens at all specially 25mm and 50mm
lens.  I have nikon camera FM2n and yes, i don't like it lens at all.  at
normal size, 4x6, 5x7 print, it look as normal as leica lens interm of
resolution and grain but then when i start to go at 8x10 , 11x14 and 16x20,
it starts show a lot of grain as the size goes up meanwhile the leica isn't
show that much of grain in 16x20.

if you have any info or your own experience please refer me
thank you very much for your time
Olivier