Subject: [Leica] Re: Filters for 28mm SA PC
From: "Paul Bolam" <paul@bolam67.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 21:45:42 +0100

Tom Schofield wrote:-

> Necessity being the mother of invention, and BH Photo showing a 6-10 week
> order time for the 74mm unmounted filters, a little ingenuity led to the
> discovery that you can remove the retaining ring to a 77mm filter and, lo
> and behold, a 74mm unmounted filter is born, which fits the 28mm SA PC
lens
> hood perfectly!  I now have my desired filter set, without the wait!

Thanks for this Tom, I've just sold off my Mamiya gear and therefore had
77mm filters laying redundant. I cracked the glass on the first one that I
tried to prise out. Then got the hang of it and, as you say, they fit the
hood perfectly!

Any ideas what I can use as a lenscap to fit over the 28 PC lenshood though?
Thanks once again,
Paul.