Subject: [Leica] M6 correction lenses--Win<>Win
From: "Frank Filippone" <red735i@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 02:26:23 -0700

OK..... Here goes my ignorance of eyeball optics......

My normal right eye long distance prescription is 1 diopters.  Is that MINUS
or PLUS ?
Do you add or subtract -0.5 to that number to get the correct lens for the
camera to come out right?

Do we have an optician and or opthamologists better yet, 2 opticians etc. in
the house that can double check the results of this statement to add or
subtract ?

Lastly, who has a used M6 correction lens for sale?  Something you tried but
it did not work or worse yet, you "outgrew"?  Or a swap meet.. my outgrown
useless diopter for yours, 1:1, no cash, no shipping.  My useless for your
useless.

I would also happily swap Hasselblad lenses for Leica M6 lenses.  Jim Brick?
Austin Franklin?  You are both Hassy users as well as M6 users, others?

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net

It is in the M6 "Technical Data" at the back of the current manual;
according to
the manual, the standard eyepiece is set to -0.5 diopters.

Replies: Reply from Dennis Painter <dennis@hale-pohaku.com> (Re: [Leica] M6 correction lenses--Win<>Win)
Reply from "Mxsmanic" <mxsmanic@hotmail.com> (Re: [Leica] M6 correction lenses--Win<>Win)