Subject: [Leica] "New" Russian Leica copies
From: Rolfe Tessem <rolfe@ldp.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2001 16:27:45 -0400

Hello all,

Forgive me if this topic has been beaten to death, but I only recently
subscribed to the list.

Does anyone have any direct experience with the Leica II copies
currently being sold on Web sites such as this one:

http://www.russiansouvenirs.com/leica.htm

I assume this is a FED dressed up in Leica trappings, but am interested
in build quality, quality of the 5cm collapsible Elmar clone, etc. If
these cameras are serviceable, do they generally need a CLA out of the
box?

Thanks in advance for any info.

- --
Rolfe Tessem        |    Lucky Duck Productions, Inc.
rolfe@ldp.com       |    96 Morton Street
(212) 463-0029      |    New York, NY 10014