Subject: Re: [Leica] Soft f-stops on M 135/3.4 APO
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2001 17:16:51 -0700

JR Geoffrion wrote:

> Just received my new M 135/3.4 APO and the click-stops are MUCH softer than
> on my 90 and 35. Is this typical of the 135 or a "small" adjustment is
> required. If so, is it something that could be done "in store"... I'd hate
> to have to send in my brand new lens to Leica service and loose it 3 weeks.
>
> Help anyone?
>
> JR Geoffrion
> Chicago, IL

Mine is like that too. Got it October 99 from CameraWorld.
I decided to let it slide. :)
Some day I'll get around to having it tightened.
Of course if it was still on warranty then that would be more convenient as i
would not have to worry about how much it might cost.
Can't say I've lost any shots as a result of these loose F stops though.
In some ways they are almost convenient.
Had thought Leica was heading in a looser direction in my justification in just
getting the lens.
My serial name is 3838229

name rank is
Mark Rabiner