Subject: Re: [Leica] Salgado
From: Guy Bennett <2bennett@wanadoo.fr>
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2001 22:38:24 +0100

>Shel Belinkoff et al:
>I know that HCB didn't print his own work.  Does Salgado?
>
>Also, the softness of focus may having something to do with lenses rather
>than technical prowess.  HCB loved that softer 50mm.  Just some thoughts.
>Greg

I seem to recall that, at least with respect to the "Migrations" work, he
didn't. It's either in the book (where a printer is credited), or I've got
it in an interview somewhere. I don't believe he processed the film either,
since, as I recall, he was sending the film back to his Paris office as he
traveled the world shooting for the project.

Guy