Subject: Re: [Leica] Salgado
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2001 10:25:42 -0700

Greg Coan wrote:

> Shel Belinkoff et al:
>
> I know that HCB didn1t print his own work.  Does Salgado?
>
> Also, the softness of focus may having something to do with lenses rather
> than technical prowess.  HCB loved that softer 50mm.  Just some thoughts.
>
> Greg

I kinda sounds like you think HCB used a 50 because he thought it was nice and soft.
I think he used lots of 50's and other focal lengths even somtimes but is known
for his use of a Zeiss 50 which he'd have picked because it was the sharpest and
just considered to be the best lens out there at the time.
I can't see a photojournalist liking a lens for it's "soft" qualities.

Mark Rabiner

Portland, Oregon
USA

http://www.rabiner.cncoffice.com/