Subject: Re: [Leica] scratch on negative...
From: "Mxsmanic" <mxsmanic@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2001 23:30:28 +0200

Kyle writes:

> that is driving me CRAZY -- that scratch
> _seems_ to be from my scanner, but other
> rolls of film that i haven't scanned have it.

Any scratch made by the scanner on negative film would be dark, not light.  The
line isn't perfectly straight, so that tends to rule out a defect in the
scanner's CCD, too.  A light line implies something dark on the negative.  Have
you looked at the negative under a microscope?  (A loupe might not be powerful
enough to show anything.)