Subject: Re: [Leica] Getting film into the film gate in M6
From: "Mxsmanic" <mxsmanic@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2001 23:06:20 +0200

Tarek writes:

> You're pulling my leg, right?

No.  When I am distracted, I sometimes forget to rewind the film.  I notice it
when I see the film still wrapped around the take-up spool, or (in the case of
the Velvia) when the cartridge fails to drop out of the body when I turn it
over.  In two cases I was literally being jostled continuously while I tried to
avoid getting my pocket picked, and I was very distracted.  In the Tech Pan
case, I was only mildly distracted, but that was enough.

> Seriously, why don't you take the habit of ALWAYS
> rewinding the film BEFORE opening your camera?

That is my habit, but it is not ingrained enough to be entirely automatic.  I
tend to be very absent-minded and I have to do things in a ritualized way or I
tend to forget the obvious.  Still, four or five rolls out of many hundreds
isn't too bad.