Subject: [Leica] russian super-wide in ltm
From: Liam Maloney <kine_scope@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2001 07:29:40 -0700 (PDT)

Howdy folks,

I'm looking for leads on a budget Russar 20/5.6 with
the big VF, preferably a more recent (black) version.
Anyone shoot with this beauty?  It looks compact &
light and seems equally compatible with both SM and M
bodies.

Unrelated but interesting:  in a recent issue of
National Geographic (lions on the cover), there's a
shot of one of their photogs covered in black soot,
having just come up from a tour of a Welsh mine.
Around his neck is the venerable M6, looking pretty
dirty.  No black tape here, the logos are covered in
grime.  Definitely one of those times when even
die-hards reach for a UVa filter...

I don't write often but I am an occasional
eavesdropper.  I've visited many of the PAW sites and
have been impressed and inspired.  Maybe soon I'll put
up my own recent work for criticism...

Bonne fin de semaine, Liam