Subject: [Leica] pyro
From: Malcolm McCullough <MM4@mm-croy.mottmac.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2001 18:26:00 +0100

Lee England wrote about HP5+ negs in pyro.

If you like pyro you may also wish to try DiXactol which is usable as a
one-bath or two-bath developer. It is a very sharp glycin - catechol formula
that stains very much like pyro. It is available from Photo Formulary in the
US, Silverprint in the UK and www.barrythornton.com
Even TMX and TMY produce good highlights in this stuff. HP5+ and APX400
perform well too, but the graininess isn't the lowest those films are
capable of. Delta 400 at normal speed is the only film I have tried so far
that I preferred overall in another developer.

Regards,
Malcolm