Subject: Re: [Leica] Getting film into the film gate in M6
From: Tarek Charara <tarek.charara@wanadoo.fr>
Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2001 13:21:46 +0200

le 09.08.2001 12:37, Mxsmanic à mxsmanic@hotmail.com a écrit :

> I've always hesitated to touch the film where it is actually in the film gate,
> because of the risk of putting any pressure on the shutter curtain.

You don't have to put that much pressure on the film. If the film actually
starts bending into the camera curtain you know that you should start
relaxing. A gentle touch is enough most of the time.

> I also try
> to avoid gumming up the meter contacts with my fingertips.  Usually, if
> anything, I try to jiggle the film leader through the door over the drive
> sprocket (and thus far from the shutter curtain), until it jumps over the rail
> at the top of the gate--but that doesn't seem to work very well.

> I haven't tried advancing the film with the base open, mainly because I'm
afraid I'll
> reduce the amount of film left at the other end of the roll, and possibly lose
> a frame.

Murphy's law will tell you that scoops are missed while re-loading your
camera, get used to it. Specially if
> It often takes me a good minute or so to load the film.

Does that include rewinding your film and unloading or is that for loading
only...

Tarek :-)

Replies: Reply from "Mxsmanic" <mxsmanic@hotmail.com> (Re: [Leica] Getting film into the film gate in M6)