Subject: RE: [Leica] Thoughts on R8s
From: "Nguyen, Olivier T [AMSTA-AR-CCF]" <onguyen@pica.army.mil>
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2001 02:53:35 -0400

Mark,
i am very new to rangefinder and yet i fall in love with it specially Leica
quality.  it really make me happy everytime i have a good neg. (i normal
mess up in photograph because i am a newbie in this business).  I have SLR
camera too and i get very quick focus on SLR.  I find that i am quite slow
on focus of M6.  it is hard to see the image line up in the rangefinder
because, i think, the rangefinder on my M6 isn't that contrast.

if you have any method that would help to focus fast please advice me.  i
really want to learn on this.  I missed a lot of action shot because of my
lack of focusing speed.  I wear eyes glass too and by what i read and heard
from all people in here that eyes glass is a big disadvantage for using
rangefinder.  I am thinking of getting an corrector thingy.  My eyes need a
- -4 for a correction and Leica don't make -4 diopter piece.  anyone here know
where, or who would make -4 diopter please let me know.
thank you all for your time and your help
Olivier