Subject: [Leica] re: commodity fetishism
From: Kyle Cassidy <cassidy@netaxs.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2001 02:04:44 -0400 (EDT)

>Kyle,
>
>I am thankful.  You have perfectly illustrated "commodity fetishism."
>I've captured the images and the thread and will use them in my various
>courses  Great stuff!
>
>Chandos

my dear chandos,
  alas, i'm not a marxist -- though perhaps you're suggesting my leica is
more valuable because of the added labour i put into it by applying the
stickers? in any event, the leica m6 "king of thailand golden jubilee gold
model" illustrated commodity fetishism long before i ever wandered into kb
toy looking for some stickers.... i think my camera is actually at the
antipodes -- when i'm done with this baby, it will have zero value to
anybody but me.

  from the left,
  kc