Subject: [Leica] M3 - Flash Sync
From: "Hugh Thompson" <painfree@istar.ca>
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2001 19:50:20 -0400

Kyle - sorry about your M3 troubles, I love mine.  However, I do have a
flash problem.  You need an adapter / converter plug, to enable the M3 to
accept a regular sync cord connector.

On two recent important shoots, when flash was a necessity, my flash has
either fired intermittently, or the flash indicator on the flash unit did
not register confirmation.  I originally thought it was my Vivitar 285, so
bought a small used Sunpack for the next time.

On both shoots, I ended up with underexposed negatives, even though I am
sure I had the flash set correctly, synced at 50, and had the correct
f-stop.
Is it possible there was a short or something in the adapter / converter
plug?

Any suggestions for me and caution for Kyle?

Hugh Thompson     painfree@istar.ca