Subject: Re: [Leica] RE: Compact M Motor - smearing image LHS
From: "Michael Gardner" <mlgardner99@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2001 19:29:41 -0400

Well, I hate be contrary, but I'm quite happy with my M motor.
You can't compare the M Motor to a motordrive on an SLR where you hold down
the shutter release and zip through 8 frames a second.
I use mine either full on or completely off for hand wind-on.  When I'm
shooting transparencies of action with the M, I frequently want a motor
drive sequence or motor drive duplicates.  You have to learn the proper
pressure to hold on the shutter release so it can pump merrily up and down.
Works great.

While I'm a satisfied user of Tom's Soft Releases and Rapid Grip on my
non-motorized M's, I tried and did not care for the Rapidwinder.  I need a
motor and not a twitchy finger drive.  For others, Tom's Rapidwinder  may be
just the ticket.  For me, it wasn't.

If you want to see a hot set up, check out the current issue of the LHSA
Viewfinder.  Bill Rosauer shows his M6 TTL .58 with M Motor, Tri-elmar and
corded off-camera SF20 flash.  Killer set-up for indoor commercial people
shots.  HCB emulators will be horrified but the M has a broad range of
possible usages that it does really well.

Mike Gardner