Subject: Re: [Leica] Organizing images
From: Greg Coan <gypsy@lxh.net>
Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2001 18:18:55 -0500

Ternahan

For color, my local lab will develop the negs and put all the thumbs/images
on a cd for me for $10.  I donšt shoot much color, so it works for me, and
then I can print what negs I want in the darkroom.

B&W is another story, I do it the "old fashioned" way I guess - contact
sheets filed with the negs in sleeves, in the plastic ring binders that seal
shut.  Theres really no way around the space issue, which is why my wife and
I move from apartment to house :-)  Well and so I could build a darkroom.

I have a 11x17 scanner at work that will do trans/negs, and I've done some
scan contact sheets, but honestly, its just as time consuming as printing
sheets at home on RC paper, once I lug all the crap to work, wait for the
scanner, save, archive, etc.  So I'll just keep doing it the way I've been
doing I guess.

The greatest invention over the past few years are the neg sleeves that have
the pocket for the contact sheet!!

Btw, my new (to me) M6 will be in my hands on Friday.  Oh, and a 28mm
Elmarit 2.8 German piece of glass :-)  I'm so pysched to start shooting
Leica again - had to hock all my medium format gear to do the deal, but you
know, somehow it feels really good!  and this group is amazing, I've just
been lurking around this week and it is a breath of fresh air compared to
Usenet.  You people actually have intelligent conversations and help each
other instead of being negative (pun intended).  Reminds me of my Scirocco
email group (guess I like all german machines.)  anyhow, I hope I can
contribute something valuable.

In case your interested here's my webpage - the Leica photos are under
portfolios/japan - they are about 5 years old.

http://www.macleodphoto.com

Sorry this turned into such a long post.

Greg