Subject: [Leica] Getting film into the film gate in M6
From: Frank Dernie <Frank.Dernie@btinternet.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2001 11:30:25 +0100

I find that "palming" the film down till it is flush with the bottom, then
fitting the base works every time. It is true that from time to time there
is a film kink which catches the top of the film gate and a wiggle may be
required, or an opening of the back door. The spring in the takeup pushes
the film back a tad when you remove your hand. This is realigned by the
basket on the baseplate as it is fitted, the sproket holes are then lined up
properly. In the absence of the spring it is possible for the film to start
to wind too deep in the body unless care is taken.
I find the M6 the easiest of my cameras to load.
My M6 is quite old (it says Leitz on the red dot) perhaps it had the chamfer
which John Collier notes is missing on his ttl. I can't check at the moment.
cheers Frank

Replies: Reply from "Mxsmanic" <mxsmanic@hotmail.com> (Re: [Leica] Getting film into the film gate in M6)