Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica CL questions
From: John Collier <jbcollier@powersurfr.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2001 15:46:28 -0600

1. Yes but you cannot collapse it all the way in. Leica recommends a piece
of 3/8 inch tape (9.5mm) be wrapped around the barrel to prevent it from
going all the way home.

2. They are identical cameras.

3. It is up to you. Parts are hard to find for the CLE while the CL is still
(relatively) easily repairable.

4. There are many good dealers, the trick is to find a good camera. The CLs
are more fragile than a M camera and do not like to be knocked about. Make
sure you have a return privilege and I would just send the dang thing right
to Sherry and get the painful part over with.

John Collier