Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Those who wear glasses
From: Hans-Peter.Lammerich@t-online.de
Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2001 22:22:52 +0200

I am wearing medium size glasses, + 2,25dpt spherical and -5,25dpt
cylindrical. My glasses are app. 1,5cm away from my eyeball. And when
using a camera, binocular or any other viewing device, my glasses rest
on the okular rim.

This way I can use the 35mm frame on my Leica M6, but not the 28mm
frame. Due to the -5,25dpt cylindrical I can't use correction lenses on
the ocular and the sometimes available diopter adjustment (e.g. on the
R6.2) is no help either.

Since I have "glass" glasses, I don't have problems with scratches even
with the M2/M3, but sometimes I have some smear from the rubberised
okular rim on the front side of my glasses and smear/grease from my eye
lashes on the inside.

Overall I like the Leica Ms better than any SLR, for the simple reason
that the ocular is on the upper left corner of the camera body. So I
don't have to squeeze my nose flat to look through the camera.

Hans-Peter