Subject: Re: [Leica] SUMMARIT 1.5 / 50 mm question
From: Pablo Kolodny <pkolodny@fibertel.com.ar>
Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2001 15:48:36 -0300

on 7/8/01 3:14 PM, V8PWR@aol.com at V8PWR@aol.com wrote:

> The asking price is 2500 FF , so about 330 USD and the lens is in
> good condition
>
> JO GOODTIMES -FRANCE

I would not be willing to pay more than $ 250.- for that beautiful lens.
It's really great...so much pastel tonality in color.
Save the lens is in like new condition in box with caps and shade.
That shade is very hard to get and filters also but not as much as the
shade.
My technician says that it would be pretty hard to find one with no cleaning
marks on the front element...that glass is really soft, maybe the softer
glasses of those used by Leica. At least, that's what he said.
I have to add that this suffering argentine technician attended several
courses at Leica in Germany and he's a great person, friendly and efficient.

I used to have one of those 50/1,5, I was happy with it.

Pablo