Subject: Re: [Leica] Photos of Tokyo
From: "Mxsmanic" <mxsmanic@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2001 08:10:23 +0200

Steve writes:

> For someone who doesn't watch TV you seem to
> know a lot about it :-)

Most people I know watch it for several hours a day, including lots of
sensationalistic news.  The print media are similarly guilty, but since fewer
and fewer people read easily and willingly (especially among those who are
readily impressed by sensationalism) their influence is smaller.

I have also seen formal studies demonstrating that people who watch a lot of
television tend to be far more paranoid and pessimistic than people who do not.