Subject: [Leica] Okura -- the big hill
From: "Rodgers, David" <david.rodgers@xo.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Aug 2001 23:06:36 -0500

Five shots from the Japanese ski jump team working out on Okura, the big
hill, in Sapporo, Japan in July.

All shot handheld with an R7 w/80-200/4. Amazing lens. Jumper1 was shot hand
held, straining over my right shoulder while riding up a lift. These guys
make a loud "whooshing" noise when they're in the air. I couldn't see the
actual jump. I heard the skiier, aimed, and shot. AF never would have found
it's mark, I don't believe. I think "jumper1" is Masahiko Harada, the
Olympic Medalist, but I'm not certain. He was one of two guys wearing
purple.

http://www.lightcurves.com/images/jumper1.jpg
http://www.lightcurves.com/images/jumper3.jpg
http://www.lightcurves.com/images/jumper4.jpg