Subject: Re: [Leica] Camera for a 10 y.o.
From: "Mxsmanic" <mxsmanic@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Aug 2001 21:18:16 +0200

Age is not the relevant factor here; personality is the key factor.  Some people
are equipment geeks and are more interested in the photo equipment than in the
photos taken.  Others are "artists" who are more interested in the final result
than in the means used to obtain it.  You need to determine which of these
categories best matches your ten-year-old, and then choose on that basis.
Equipment geeks get all the buttons and dials so that they can tweak things and
maybe even occasionally take a technically-perfect picture.  Artists get an
"auto-everything" camera that just puts whatever they aim at on film with a
moderate degree of reliability.