Subject: Re: [Leica] neopan 100 acros & xtol
From: Jeff S <4season@boulder.net>
Date: Sat, 4 Aug 2001 20:23:07 -0600

Warning to Ted: Following content contains the Z-word ;-)

My testing is at a very preliminary stage right now, but I think it's true
speed when processed in Xtol is going to be around 80. I determine this in
accordance with Fred Picker's Zone VI Handbook wherein you are trying to
achieve a Zone I density of .08-.1 density units over filmbase+fog. I am
experimenting with rotary processing it in 1:3 Xtol at 24 degrees C and 9
minutes seemed too long, so I'll be trying 8 and 7 when I can get some
sub-24 degree weather. Always a bit iffy sharing the film speed info as
results can be skewed by shutter or meter inaccuracies. Probably the most
accurate tool in this regard will be the R8, but I don't own one. Also,
ideal development times will vary somewhat according to water quality and
the properties of one's enlarger.

FWIW, Denver Pro Photo had 35 and 120 Acros in stock this afternoon, and
I've also purchased the 120 film at Jones Drug in Boulder. No sign of sheet
film yet however.

Jeff S