Subject: [Leica] Seagull Camera Lenses
From: KE7GMx@cs.com
Date: Sat, 4 Aug 2001 12:50:45 EDT

Last summer I purchased a Seagull camera in Shanghi, China. I visited what I
was told was the largest photographic store in Shanghi. THey had several
floors of stuff!
They offered two models in the 2¼ square model; one had a three element lens
and the other a four element lens. Similar, I guess, to F&H Triotar and
Tessar offerings on their Rollei cameras. The four element lens model, which
I purchased, was priced at about
US$160.00 for the complete camera in presentation box with Neck Strap and ER
Case (Pretty crude).The 'Taking' lens is marked, "3-G 4-E  SA-977777
1:3.5/7775. The other was, as I recall, priced at about US$120.00.
I've never had a roll of film in the camera but it is a decent machine and I
believe that it would be a useful camera but exactly what the negative
quality would be, I cannot say