Subject: [Leica] Re: first camera
From: Summicron1@aol.com
Date: Sat, 4 Aug 2001 09:01:49 EDT

In a message dated 8/4/01 1:06:00 AM, owner-leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
writes:

<< >My nephew recently celebrated his tenth birthday and seemed interested in
>taking picturres using my R8. Does anyone have a suggestion regarding a
>camera that might be a good 1st camera for him?  Are there any good
>introductory books for a person that age?

well, if ur looking for SERIOUS answers, a Pentax K-1000, a Pentax spotmatic
or something similar would be idea -- indesctructible, cheap, easy to use
("Just match the needle and keep the shutter speed dial above 30") and gives
excellent results. Hell. my FIRST camera was a Kodak pony 828 -- teriffic
learner. Something even that simple would be idea, depending on how with-it
and teachible the kid is.

charlie trentelman