Subject: Re: [Leica] M close up stuff: regrets, I have had a few
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2001 12:58:42 -0700

John Collier wrote:

> Well I do not think that I will sell them both, just one. For an occasional
> reflex view a Visoflex is fine. My one lingering disappointment is that the
> Visoflex 3 has no instant mirror release when using a cable release. When
> using the shoulder stock on a 400/6.8, a cable release improves the
> handling. You also have to fire the camera's shutter through a long arm
> which makes the release action not particularly buttery smooth. So, while
> you do get instant mirror release when using a cable release with the
> Visoflex 2, the action is just sweeter and more positive on a SLR. Combine
> this with the fact I bought a beater SL2 for $250US, which gives me metering
> too, and the decision to free up some shelf space was easily taken.
>
> John Collier
>
> Yes I know the Visoflex IIa would have done everything I wanted but the SL2
> came up first and was cheaper to boot.

If you sell your  Visoflex II a you will regret it. May not now. Maybe not
tomorrow. But someday. When you least expect it.
You'll say:
"OH GOD I SOLD MY Visoflex II TO SOME SHULB WHO WONT EVEN LOVE IT!!!
It may not seem like a hill of beans in this crazy world.

(And YOU gave out the idea that it cant meter while the sl2 can!)

BAD John BAD!

Mark Rabiner

Portland, Oregon
USA