Subject: Re: [Leica] Sins Of My Youth, Part 1
From: "Mxsmanic" <mxsmanic@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2001 21:37:44 +0200

Peter writes:

> Thanks!  But Tri-X sure has improved in the
> last 29 years.  Compare these two:

I've had photos that looked like both, all taken with the current version of
Tri-X.  I think it depends on the conditions of the photo, the development, and
the scan, not the film, although I understand that Tri-X has been slightly
modified at least once since its introduction.

The 1972 photo is slightly overexposed, I think.  Pull those shadows down and
it'll look a lot like the 2001 photo.  The 1972 photo looks cleaner, actually,
but that is probably because there was less contrast in the original scene, or
something (there are multiple possibilities).