Subject: RE: [Leica] fp4 vs. pxp vs. tmx
From: "Rodgers, David" <david.rodgers@xo.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2001 14:28:46 -0500

George,

I know you've listed 100 asa Films, but the new Delta 400 is pretty nice
stuff. I have a a hoarde of FP4+. Nice film, but just too slow for me. I
don't see that much difference in today's 100 and 400 b/w films. Not that
FP4+ is a "today" film. In fact, the grain is about the same as Delta 400. I
can't seem to get by with slower films in b/w. I shoot lots of Neopan 1600;
in daylight, no less. It's handy since I use filters a lot. A Red 25 will
turn a 100 speed film into a daylight only. I also use yellow-green indoors.

Dave

PS: Been a scanning rampage the last couple of days, with 14 rolls down and
roughtly 50 to go. One thing has really come to my attention. I'm going to
have to digitally remove the tip of my knuckle from a number of images that
I shot with the 15 Heliar. I tried to be careful, but man alive! I don't
think that lens goes well with a Rapid Grip. I took the grip off halfway
through the trip, for that reason. It definately helped.