Subject: [Leica] Update on mounting new 50/2.8 Elmar in old accessories
From: John Collier <jbcollier@powersurfr.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2001 11:06:40 -0600

A couple of days ago, on the LUG, I wrote:

"The good news, curtsey of Leica-User Noel Charchuk, is that you can gently
pry the plastic protector off and then it will work just fine. As long as
you are careful, you will not damage the plastic protector."

Noel kindly contacted me to correct my mistake. The protector inside the
back mount of the 50/2.8 Elmar is metal, and threaded in. It has a black
finish to and is removed by unscrewing.

Chastised and red faced in Edmonton

John